01 Examine problems using scientific inquiry.
• Collect information by observing sorted sets of materials
• Collect information by observing living things as they grow.
• Collect information by observing a weather graph.
02 Integrate unifying concepts and processes in science experiences.
• Use one or more of the five senses to sort common materials
• Describe and record how illustrations can represent change in living things.
• Describe and record how a model can represent the weather.
03 Observe, describe, and sort common materials.
• Objects can be sorted by various attributes.
• Household tools can be sorted by design and use.
• Many things in our world can be recycled.
04 Investigate and describe how living things change as they grow.
• Living things change as they grow.
• Living and non-living things are different.
• Living creatures must satisfy basic needs in order to grow and be healthy.
05 Observe and describe daily and seasonal weather changes.
• Each season has different weather characteristics.
• Day and night have unique characteristics.
• The sun gives us heat and light.