01 Examine problems using scientific inquiry.
• Communicate scientific procedures and explanations.
• Use appropriate tools and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
02 Integrate unifying concepts and processes in science experiences.
• Understand how form and function apply to technology.
• Understand how order and organization of a system are impacted by change.
• Use measurement to determine change or constancy.
03 Investigate and describe properties of light and sound.
• Describe how light travels.
• Describe how sound travels.
• Infer how light and sound impact humans and other organisms.
04 Investigate relationships among populations, resources, and hazards (both human and natural) within ecosystems.
• Explain how the flow of matter affects populations.
• Predict how ecosystems are changed by natural and human-made factors.
05 Explore the processes and effects of weather and the water cycle on the earth.
• Explain how energy from the sun drives the water cycle.
• Examine how water and weather are affected by human interaction.
• Predict how properties of weather affect humans.