01 Read, write (in digits, words, and expanded form), round, order, and compare whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
• Read and write numbers through 12 digits.
• Round numbers to the nearest multiple of hundreds, thousands, and millions.
• Compare and order decimals and fractions.
02 Utilize estimation and the four operations to solve problems with whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
• Solve problems involving rational numbers (fractions, decimals, and ratios).
• Justify his/her technique or strategy.
03 Select appropriate tools and demonstrate unit conversions within a system of measurement.
• Measure length using fractional parts of an inch.
• Estimate lengths in feet, years, and miles.
• Change customary units of capacity from smaller to larger and vice versa.
04 Identify, describe, compare, and classify geometric figures and apply procedures to determine perimeter, area, and volume.
• Identify solid figures (cylinder, sphere, rectangle, prism, and pyramid).
• Apply procedures to determine perimeter, area, and volume.
• Identify common types of quadrilaterals.
• Find the circumference of a circle.
• Graph number pairs on the coordinate plane.
05 Collect, organize, interpret, and analyze data to draw conclusions and make predictions.
• Read, write, and interpret bar graphs, pictographs and line graphs.
• Solve problems using the appropriate strategy.
06 Develop and solve two-step equations using one variable.
• Develop and solve two-step equations with one variable.
07 Identify, develop, and apply strategies to solve problems using real-life situations.
• Identify, develop, and apply strategies to solve problems of varying complexities using real-life situations, i.e., draw a picture, look for patterns, choose an operation, make an organized list, and use objects.