01 Examine problems using scientific inquiry.
• Plan and conduct a simple investigation to answer a question students ask about their surroundings.
02 Integrate unifying concepts and processes in science experiences.
• Identify relationships in a system.
• Use models to understand concepts.
• Apply the understanding of form to function.
03 Observe and investigate properties of electricity.
• Demonstrate how some materials transfer electricity to produce heat and light.
• Identify those materials that transfer electricity.
• Select magnetic forces that attract and/or repel other objects.
04 Investigate and describe the relationship between living things and the environment.
• Describe how living things are dependent upon their environment.
• Recognize clues of ancient environments through fossils.
05 Observe and identify characteristics of earth materials.
• Identify properties of Earth's rocks and minerals.
• Identify techniques of being environmentally responsible and aware of good conservation techniques.