01 Read, write (in digits and words), round, order, and compare whole numbers, decimals, fractions; compare positive and negative numbers.
• Read and write 3- and 4-digit numbers.
• Compare numbers using less than, greater than, or equal to symbols.
• Order numbers from least to greatest.
• Read and write fractions.
• Understand relationship between operations.
• Round numbers to the nearest ten, nearest hundred, nearest dollar, nearest thousand, and nearest ten thousand.
• Make change and count out in amounts up to $20.00.
• Read and write decimals with tenths and hundredths.
02 Utilize estimation and the four main operations to solve problems with whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
• Use estimations technique of rounding to estimate sums and differences.
• Add numbers with three-, four-, or five-digits.
• Subtract numbers with three- and four-digits.
• Add and subtract fractions with like and unlike denominators.
• Multiple two- and three-digit numbers.
• Divide by single digit numbers.
03 Estimate and measure using standard and metric units, and compute elapsed time.
• Estimate and measure length standard and metric units.
• Solve word problems using both standard and metric units for linear measure, area, mass/weight, capacity and temperature.
• Use an analog clock to determine elapsed time.
• Solve word problems, using time.
04 Describe, create, analyze, and compare two- and three-dimensional figures using congruency, symmetry, similarity, and simple transformations.
• Identify solid figures, plane figures, and identify and draw curves.
• Identify parallel and perpendicular lines; classify triangles, angles, and quadrilaterals.
• Identify lines of symmetry and find similar and congruent figures.
05 Identify and draw points, lines, line segments, rays, and angles.
• Compare the various ways in which lines intersect.
• Identify and compare types of various angles.
• Identify points, rays, lines, and line segments.
• Apply geometric concepts to closed plane figures.
06 Collect, organize, display, and interpret numerical and categorical data and clearly communicate findings.
• Collect, organize, record, interpret data, and describe findings.
07 Use and interpret variables, mathematical symbols, and properties to write and simplify expressions and sentences.
• Identify the proper value to replace a variable in an open sentence.
• Identify the proper relationship between two sides of a sentence.
• Extend a given number pattern.
08 Identify, develop and apply strategies to solve problems using real-life situations.
• Develop and apply strategies to solve a variety of word problems.