01 Examine problems using scientific inquiry.
• Use data to support explanations.
• Recognize tools used in Science.
02 Integrate unifying concepts and processes in science experiences.
• Use a variety of ways, such as sketches, charts, and graphs, to communicate procedures or ideas.
• Understand how measurement is used in science.
• Understand form relates to function.
03 Investigate and describe physical changes of objects and materials.
• Physical properties of matter can be measured.
• Identify tools used to measure matter.
• Predict how temperature changes states of matter, (solid, liquid, gas)
04 Investigate and compare plants and animals based on their characteristics.
• Compare and contrast plants and animals:
- Animals to animals
- Plants parts
- Animals to plants
• Explain how plants and animals change as they grow.
• Identify special characteristics that help living things survive and reproduce.
05 Observe and measure changes in weather.
• Predict how weather affects our lives.
• Weather affects our daily lives.
- Normal weather variations
- Severe weather conditions
• Identify tools used to measure weather