01 Examine problems using scientific inquiry.
• Make observations to form questions.
02 Integrate unifying concepts and processes in science experiences.
• Use observations to sort by characteristics.
• Recognize that things change in some ways and stay the same in others.
• Explain how living things interact with their environment because of specific characteristics.
03 Observe and describe physical properties of materials.
• Describe the characteristics of states of matter.
• Understand materials can be classified by states of matter (solid, liquid, or gas).
• Observe how temperatures change states of matter.
04 Investigate and describe characteristics of living things.
• Identify the basic needs of living things.
• Summarize the characteristics of living things.
05 Recognize and classify earth materials.
• Recognize earth materials.
• Communicate effects of weather on Earth materials.